Flooring

I thought I would write a blog post mimicking something I posted on my Facebook page the other week.  I had asked the question of whether you preferred hardwood floors or carpeting.  Although the results tended to lean hardwood, those of you who picked carpeting made a great case!

In general, hardwood floors tend to have that look of elegance and are very popular to prospective home buyers.  They can get pretty pricey depending on the size of the room and the quality of the flooring you put in, but the return when you sell your home can surely make up for it. 

Carpeting seemed to be favored in homes with animals and children.  Those of you who voted carpeting said it was easy to clean the pet hair and wasn't as annoying as hardwood floors when it comes to the clickety click of your pets nails on hardwood.  Children (especially small ones) can play a lot easier on carpeting as it is much more easy for them to get around.

In a "perfect world" many of you said you would pick hardwood, hands down.  However, you prefer carpeting in the bedrooms and sometimes the living area.  In a lot of the homes I am building/remodeling that is what I tend to see more often than that.  I build a lot of homes where the main living and walking areas are all a rich color hardwood, and the bedrooms are all a lighter color carpeting.

Why am I telling you this?  In case you are looking to resell your home in the near future why not listen to the opinion of your peers.  They want hardwood! 

No comments:

Post a Comment