Time for Spring!

In honor of Spring, I wanted to write a post about Spring Cleaning and some of the tips and tricks on how to clean!  Some of these "tricks" I have tried myself, others I am going by word of mouth... so don't hold it against me if it doesn't work.  I just know that with kids especially, things happen and there isn't always a product on the market that will work to clean it.  I plan on adding more to this list... but figure this should give you folks enough to work on for the day! :)

How to clean both a front loader and top loader washing machine: I found an article that details specifically the things you can do to clean both styles of washing machines.  I couldn't have said it better myself, so please follow the link below for complete detailed instructions!

http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/02/how-to-fix-smelly-washing-machine.html

How do you get Elmer's glue off a wall?: Have a child?  If so... I'm sure this is one of those amazing things your child decided would add so much character to the home if it were on the wall! :)  It is pretty simple to remove.  What I have found works best is a bucket full of hot water, a wash cloth, and a scrubbing sponge.  Use the hot wash cloth and hold it over the glue on the wall for a while to allow the heat to react with the glue.  Remove the wash cloth and immediately use the scrubber to to remove the glue from the wall.  Repeat as needed.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser's: I am not going to itemize everything on here as I have found Magic Eraser's are almost a one stop shop of the things they can remove.  I have used them to remove everything from pencil/crayon on walls, scuff marks on the floor, to cleaning off kitchen appliances and bathroom sinks.  I always make sure to have a stock pile of these on hand at my house and use these first before resorting to other methods that are far more time consuming.  There is actually a website out there that has compiled a huge list of all the things Magic Eraser's can clean...so have you ran out and bought some yet? :)

http://household-tips.thefuntimesguide.com/2006/01/magic_erasers.php

How to clean mini blinds: Oh is this one of those tasks that I never look forward to doing, but this seems to be the best way I have found to deep clean them.  First you will need to shut your blinds so the convex side is facing down...now use a duster and in a downward motion, brush the loose dust to the floor.  Put on some cleaning gloves and open the blinds up.  Now using dust clothes run the cloth from left to right and wipe off each single blind. This is probable one of the most tedious time consuming things you will do, but the hard work will pay off!  Now turn the blinds so the concave side is now facing the room and start the entire process over to dust the "other" side of the blinds.  If the blinds still have a layer of filth on them, take them down and soak them in the bathtub using a mild cleaner (like dish soap) and let them soak for a while.  This should do the trick!

1 comment:

  1. Take my best online class help for me to get the finish my online class takers whom you can I pay someone to Take Your Online Classes Now experts.

    ReplyDelete