September!

Can you believe it is September already?  Where has the time gone?  I can think of a couple of positive things about September off the top of my head:  Cooler weather is coming, changing leaves are beautiful, lots of home maintenance to do, but most important...football season!  I kid, I kid!

So now that fall and winter are right around the corner (don't hit me for saying that), I wanted to provide a list of some things you can do around the home to get it ready. 

1) Check your gutters: I saw this because with the changing of the seasons, the leaves are going to be falling.  Do a quick inspection to make sure your gutters are clear of all debris.

2) Clean your dryer vent: Grab a vacuum, and get to work!

3) Call your local HVAC company to come out and do an inspection of your furnace as well as all of your ducts.

4) Check your storm windows: Make sure they aren't cracked and are working properly.

5) Mice: Keep the small rodents away by making sure they can't get in.  Have screens put up on your vents and seal any gaps you can find.

No comments:

Post a Comment